Chief HOD Delegate
Maggie Smith-Davidson is an Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant, 60th Medical Operations Squadron, Travis, Air Force Base. She is currently an Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant where she conducts physical exams, diagnoses and treats illnesses or injuries, orders and interprets studies, and performs various medical procedures.
Smith-Davidson joined the Air Force in April 2013 through the Health Professions Scholarship Program. She graduated from Loma Linda University in December 2014 with a degree in Physician Assistant Studies and entered active duty March 30, 2015, receiving her commission through Officer Training School. In December 2019 she completed her Doctor of Science degree through Baylor University.
In addition to her primary duties she currently serves as the emergency department program director for phase two inter-service Physician Assistant Students. Prior to her current position Smith-Davidson was an Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant Fellow at the 959th Inpatient Operations Squadron, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas.
- 2004 Associates of Arts, New Mexico Junior College, Hobbs, N.M.
- 2004 Associates of Science, New Mexico Junior College, Hobbs, N,M,
- 2008 Bachelor of Psychology (Cum Laude), American University, Washington, D.C.
- 2014 Masters of Physician Assistant Studies (Honors), Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, Calif.
- 2016 Biomedical Officer Management Orientation, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
- 2017 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- 2018 Doctor of Science, Physician Assistant Studies, Emergency Medicine, Baylor University, Waco, TX
- May 2015-May 2017, Physician Assistant, 355th Medical Operations Squadron, Davis Monthan AFB, Ariz.
- May 2017-Dec 2018, Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant Fellow, 959th IPTS, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
- Jan 2019-Present, Staff Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant, 60th Medical Operations Squadron, Travis AFB, Cal.
Memberships & Associations
- Society of Air Force Physician Assistants
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Society of Emergency Medicine Physician Assistants
Effective Dates of Promotion
- First Lieutenant Feb. 6, 2015
- Captain Feb. 6, 2017
- (Current as of August 2020)